In the world we live in it’s very easy to get caught up in outside distractions and lose focus on the task at hand. From checking your email to staring at social media, there are so many things that distract people from their work.
There are many different techniques out there for staying on task, but I have found one that works particularly well for me. This method is called the Pomodoro Technique.
When you use the Pomodoro Technique you are working in 25-minute time blocks. During these time blocks, you are completely locked in on one task.
This is the perfect amount of time to where you can focus the entire time and not become exhausted. On top of that, when you are focused on one topic, it streamlines the process and allows you to make better use of your time.
Pomodoro Technique Instructions
- Get Organized – Organize the work that needs to be accomplished during the 25-minute time blocks.
- Clear a Path! – Acknowledge any distractions or interruptions that could arise and make sure those are taken care of. That way you are able to work straight through your 25-minute time blocks.
- Start Your First Pomodoro – Set the timer for 25 minutes and work on the task at hand once it starts. If you finish early then use that time to go back over your work and get organized.
- Take a Five Minute Break – Between your first four Pododoros, take a five-minute break. Do something that isn’t work-related during this break.
- Increase Your Break Time as You Complete More Pomodoros – After you complete four Pomodoros take a longer break, at least 15 to 20 minutes. Take as much as you need to get to where you are refreshed and ready to get back to work.
When you are using this technique it is important to analyze the results you are getting. You will be amazed by what you can complete in these 25-minute blocks.
What do you think about the Pomodoro Technique? Is this something worth trying? Let me know what you think in the comments.
Also, feel free to follow along with my Wealthy Affiliate 2020 Journey!